The Lane County Sector Strategy Team (LCSST) convened for the first time in November 2014. The team of regional workforce development, economic development, and city and business leaders is focused on economic and workforce development for Lane County, Oregon. The LCSST is responsible for making decisions together about how to better support critical industries in Lane County, including forming sector partnerships targeting specific industries. Using local labor market data, the LCSST chose to focus attention on the Tech Sector and the Food and Beverage Sector. The next industry sector the LCSST will focus efforts on is Advanced Manufacturing, specifically the wood products industry.
LANE COUNTY SECTOR STRATEGY EVENT
- Lane County Sector Strategy Team Event Presentation – Heidi Larwick (Director, Connected Lane County)
- Lane County Sector Strategy Team Event Presentation – Kari Westlund (President & CEO, Travel Lane County)
- Lane County Sector Strategy Team Event Presentation – Matt Sayre (Director, Technology Association of Oregon)
- Lane County Sector Strategy Team Event Presentation – Lynne Fessenden (Executive Director, Willamette Farm and Food Coalition)
LANE COUNTY SECTOR STRATEGY NEWS
- Skilled to Work series promoted on KEZI – March 2018
- Lane County Sector Strategy Team Meeting Notes – 12.19.17
- Lane County Sector Strategy Team Hires Food and Beverage Strategist
- Lane County Sector Strategy Team Quarterly Report April – June 2017
- Fast Company names Eugene a top city for tech jobs.
- Register Guard article on Eugene landing on list of Top 10 emerging tech cities.
- KEZI’s report “Silicon Shire: Eugene and Springfield’s Tech Future”.