Equity and Inclusion Task Team
EQUITY AND INCLUSION TASK TEAM GOAL: Expand the use of services and increase job placements for under-represented populations, including: women, minority groups, those over 50, veterans, people with disabilities, and rural communities.
- Targeted outreach activities to under-represented populations for services offered at WorkSource Lane
- Utilize technology to better serve rural communities
- Survey or hold round table discussions with targeted populations
- Increase service utilization among targeted populations
- Record and report entered employment, retention, and wage outcomes for each targeted population
- Outreach Plan: in an effort to create more awareness about the WIOA training scholarship opportunities offered through WorkSource Lane, staff developed an outreach plan for the 2017/2018 school year. This plan includes contacting various groups at Lane Community College as well as community partners to inform them of the training scholarship opportunity and eligibility requirement.
- WorkSource Lane Customer Satisfaction Survey: The group reviewed the customer satisfaction survey results for WorkSource Lane customers. These results are retrieved from Oregon’s Performance Reporting Information System (PRISM). This survey breaks down the individual customer’s results by demographic group. The task team feels like this survey is a good starting point for breaking down the customer’s experience by demographic group but it is lacking in qualitative date. In addition, the group will be reviewing the comments from customers through these surveys.
- Group will be reviewing different equity lens models.
- Develop a one-page informational flier for community partners to help promote WIOA training scholarships.
- Review customer satisfaction survey comments.
- Goal setting for year two of the task team
EQUITY AND INCLUSION TASK TEAM MEMBERS
Travis Brooke (Director of Occupational Health, Cascade Health Solutions); Sabrina Cunliffe (Eugene Branch Manager, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation); Julie Davidson (Senior Manager, Oregon Employment Department); Jacob Fox (Executive Director, Housing and Community Services Agency of Lane County); Angela Peacor (Vice President Human Resources & Organization, Oregon Community Credit Union); Cindy Perry (WIOA Program Manager, Lane County Health and Human Services); John Radich (Lane County District Manager, Oregon Department of Human Services); Eric Richardson (President, Eugene/Springfield NAACP Oregon Chapter); Tessa Siebert (Springfield Branch Manager, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation); Paul Solomon (Executive Director, Sponsors, Inc.); Jessica McCormick (Workforce Project Manager, Lane Workforce Partnership).