Lane County Labor Trends
As shown below, all Lane County industries are expected to add jobs from 2012-2022.
Some highlights in the Lane County projections include:
- Health care and Social Assistance adds the most, 3,800 jobs (18 percent), due to a growing and aging population.
- Information grows slowly adding 300 jobs (9 percent) as gains in software publishing are countered by losses in print publishing.
- Leisure and Hospitality adds 2,900 jobs (20 percent) from tourism and retirees.
- Professional and Business Services add 2,700 jobs (more than 18 percent). A major portion of this growth is expected to come from temporary-help firms and two new call centers.
- State government grows by 1,900 jobs (15 percent), largely from a new state hospital in Junction City.
- Manufacturing grows 1,600 jobs (over 13 percent) with growth in durable and non-durable goods manufacturing, particularly food processing (including wineries and breweries).
- Construction should rebound from large losses by adding 1,300 jobs (more than 25 percent).
- Natural resources and mining, which includes logging and sand and gravel, grows by 400 jobs (more than 19 percent), due partly to an improving local construction industry.
- Federal government grows slowly adding 100 jobs (6 percent) countering losses with a new Veteran’s Administration clinic.